previously

Pages

27.4.11

Jean Matos | Jeemas


I've been a stalker of Matos's work for a while now. Everything he does is amazing, beautiful and touching. Basically, I'm a fan - which is big, 'cause I blatantly dislike most people.
I first discovered Matos's photostream I think over a year or so ago, when it was mostly filled with darkly delicate watercoloured illustrations, defined by strong, organic black lines.
I found his stuff again - a bookmark that I thought I'd lost - his genius is heartbreaking. It seems he's gone into the whole fashion thing, translating his inherent sincere sensitivity to the human condition into almost architectural sculptural apparel, the organic quality of which is reminiscent of nothing other than the abstract - magick spells; quiet introspection; the flight of crows. I am filled with admiration and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment